I’m taking a break from chess. I don’t want to allocate the time and energy into improving my skills at the moment. Take care!
What’s Going On?
Currently working on tactics a lot, and optimal move selection and positional evaluation. Additionally, working on the mental side of things with keeping emotion out of my chess, maintaining objectivity, and getting rid of tunnel vision.
I had big ideas for this website as a blog but working on my chess too much to keep up regular blogging. Feel free to reach out, we can play some chess.
Chess Streamers I Like
- ChessNetwork: Fun and educational streamer that is able to break things down for non-masters.
- KingsCrusher: an aggressive attacker and regular poster on youtube, especially for big games analyzed.
- Hikaru Nakamura: one of the best players in the world streaming for hours at a time.
- ZugAddict: entertaining and funny NM that plays good chess.
- ChessWeeb: Grandmasters Illia Nyzhnyk, Denes Boros, and Ashwin Jayaram streaming.
- Lichess tactics puzzles: chess tactics taken from real games.
- Tacticsbot on ICC: 3700+ tactics puzzles of easy to extremely hard difficulty.
- Blitztactics.com: innovative fun with chess tactics puzzles.
- CT-ART apps by ChessKing for Android: mostly tactics apps, but also endgame and specific opening training available, too.
- Sharpen Your Tactics book: I love this book because it is progressive and simplistic. There are 6 puzzles per page, which is nice and compact!